Heavy-Duty MD72, MD82 and MD92
- Cutterbar shock protection standard
- Handles most any crop condition, from wet field to downed crops
- Built with heat-treated components to stand up to extreme conditions
- Uses a close-coupled design for maximum ride stability, especially in tight turns
- Results in superior crop flow that reduces streaking
- Ensures quick mowing
- Heavy-duty frame and rugged canopy use a cantilevered design for smooth crop flow across cutterbar
- Lift crop into the cutting zone for plug-free mowing, provides a consistent swath for more even drying
- Each disc is 3/16-in. (4.8-mm)-thick and heat treated to resist damage
- Discs are shielded by 1/4-in. (6.4-mm)-thick by 8-in. (203-mm)-wide skid shoes.The shape of skid shoes work with the tilt of the cutterbar to provide a wide range of mowing heights
- The gearbox oil in modular cutting discs performs up to 200 hours between changes
Rotating Modular Knife Blades
A rotating modular knife blade provides thorough and uniform crop cutting.
- Each disc houses two knife blades
- Blades rotate at 3,000 rpm
- Disc hardware is specially designed and treated for extreme durability to resist abrasive conditions
Independent, sealed and self-contained modules resist damage.
- Short, independent splined driveshaft sections link modules
- Shafts are made from alloy steel with roll-formed splines for strength and are hardened for added durability
MD72, MD82 and MD92 — engineered for ease of maintenance
- Reversible knife blades change quickly without raising the cutterbed
- Knife bolts are located on top of the modular discs for easy access
- Discs can be in any position when performing maintenance
- If an object is struck during operation, a spring-loaded cutterbed breakaway latch releases
- Greasable, sintered bushings ensure the cutterbar releases fully when the breakaway latch is activated
- A heavy-duty, puncture-resistant curtain provides protection for operator and bystanders
- A polyester-vinyl curtain tilts the crop forward for better flow across the cutterbar
- High-stress components are protected from debris by T-seal washers and lip seals
When in the transport position, the MD72, MD82 and MD92 become compact packages with ride stability and plenty of ground clearance.
- The cutterbar transport lock automatically engages for a secure hold
- The cutterbar is spring-balanced from end to end: allows the mower to glide over uneven terrain smoothly and can be adjusted for all conditions.
- The V-belt tension spring has an easily visible indicator for quick inspection of belt tension: changing belt tension is convenient with single-point adjustment and no shields to remove.
- A tethered pin activates the flotation spring for cutting and is repositioned when using the parking stand